Each open forum will be moderated by APhA President Theresa Tolle. We welcome all of pharmacy to join us for the upcoming live webinar using the registration link below. The recordings will be made available below to APhA members only.
Pharmacists and their teams are increasingly being asked to do more with less as unsustainable pharmacy business models impact working conditions and well-being. During this open forum we discuss approaches for creating a positive work environment among pharmacy team members and hear from Walgreens about their recent announcement to eliminate task-based metrics from performance reviews.
- Dorothy Loy, PharmD, MBA, Senior Director, Patient Outcomes and Pharmacy of the Future, Walgreens
- Saswat Kabisatpathy, PharmD, MS, BCMTMS, Chief Strategic Officer, Avant Pharmacy and Wellness
After some of the most demanding years in health care, the recent conviction of former registered nurse RaDonda Vaught, following a fatal medication error, has sparked new concerns about the criminalization of medication errors. Join us to discuss the implications of criminalization actions for medication errors made by health care professionals, including pharmacists and pharmacy teams, and the need for implementation of just culture across pharmacy settings.
- Shelly Nance, PharmD, BCACP, CDCES, CPPS, Corporate Patient Safety Manager for Kroger Health
- Melissa Skelton Duke, PharmD, MS, BCPS, FAPhA, Executive Director, Population Health Pharmacy Solutions, Banner Pharmacy Services
- John Kirtley, PharmD, Executive Director, Arkansas Board of Pharmacy
An informational overview of the latest legal and regulatory actions in the states to date, and a review of medications that can be used for abortion and emergency contraception.
- Veronica Vernon, PharmD, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice at Butler College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Kala Shankle, JD, Associate, Epstein Becker & Green
Discuss how pharmacists are leading efforts to implement test to treat services and ongoing challenges.
- Tory Grooms, PharmD, Clinical Pharmacist, Moose Pharmacy
- Kelly Kent, PharmD, Co-Owner, Towncrest Pharmacy
Discuss the conditions under which pharmacists can order and prescribe Paxlovid and key considerations for implementing test to treat services, including reimbursement.
- Florin Draica, MD, CMD, MBA, US Senior Medical Director, HQ Team Lead Anti-Infectives, North America Medical Affairs, Pfizer Hospital
- Shelita Dattani, PharmD, RPh, Vice President, Pharmacy Affairs, Neighbourhood Pharmacy Association of Canada
During this open forum, we discussed the latest federal provider status legislation, including how this legislation could help expand access to pharmacists' services and address gaps in health equity. Our panelists also discussed the latest state legislative activities and an innovative ACT Pharmacy Collaborative advocacy program.
Panelists: Ilisa Bernstein, PharmD, JD, FAPhA; Melissa McGivney, PharmD, FCCP, FAPhA; and Michael Murphy, PharmD, MBA