Immunizing Pharmacists SIG Community
The APhA-APPM Immunizing Pharmacists Special Interest Group (SIG) provides an opportunity for leadership development and involvement of immunizing pharmacists in the Academy’s policy, advocacy, and awards processes.
The purpose of the APhA-APPM Immunizing Pharmacists SIG provides members with leadership development support, as well as opportunities to engage in the policy, education, and awards and recognition processes important to immunizing pharmacists.
APhA-APPM Immunizing Pharmacists SIG Leaders
2020-21 SIG Committee Leaders
- Advocacy Committee Co-Chairs: Bryanna Monkurai & Sheena Patel
- Communications Committee Co-Chairs: Laura Knockel & Traci Poole
- Immunization Reference Guide Task Force Co-Chairs: Rupal Mansukhani & Melissa Tittinger
- Travel Health Guide Task Force Co-Chairs: Craig Kimble & Jennifer Wilson
- Webinar Task Force Co-Chairs: Tyler Davis & Lucio Volino
APhA-APPM Immunizing Pharmacists SIG Committees/Task Forces
The Immunizing Pharmacists SIG Committees/Task Forces and their charges for 2020-21 are:
- Implement one activity to increase awareness of immunizations, advocate for patients, and/or advocate for pharmacists providing immunizations.
- Develop and/or compile resources for pharmacists to utilize to promote the roles of pharmacists, student pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians as an immunization resource and provider at the state level.
- Lead in promoting the SIG PAC Challenge on ENGAGE Community.
- Encourage immunizing pharmacy technicians to join the SIG.
- Suggest, draft, and submit one new business item to APhA-APPM for consideration by the 2021 House of Delegates.
- Create a regular posting schedule for the ENGAGE community on various immunization topics and cases to generate discussion and engagement among SIG members.
- Continue Invisible Superheros recognition program in order to recognize SIG members at regular intervals (at least quarterly) throughout the year.
- Promote immunization related awards (APhA and broader scope) and consider nominating SIG members for recognition.
Immunization Reference Guide Task Force
- Update the Immunization Quick Reference Guide for publication.
Travel Health Guide Task Force
- Update the Travel Health Guide for publication.
- Update the Extended Travel Health Guide for publication.
Webinar Task Force
- Develop one webinar on the topic of immunizations.
Call for Committee Leaders and Members
The call for committee leaders and members has ended. Please contact the Coordinator if you are interested in volunteering your time.